Sorry about the gap in posts. A whole bunch of stuff has been going on and updating this thing has been on the bottom of my priority list.
Stuff that's been happ'nin:
- I'm currently a delivery driver at Pizza Hut and in the process of becoming a shift manager. It's been a great way to learn the area of a suburb twenty minutes away from where I live while putting a lot more wear and tear on my wife's car than I ever thought possible. While Seattle-area drivers are generally very polite and the GPS my mom gave me before I left Wisconsin has been a godsend, the actual roads here are ridiculous. Along with the city planners' apparent hatred of designing streets around a simple grid, the number of hills and speed bumps littering their roads is almost equal to the number of Silly-Hipster-In-Training that also litter the streets. Regardless, it IS a job and I can't complain too much, but I've only recently have I been able to pay rent without dipping into our savings account. I'm also not looking forward to replacing the tires, brakes, shocks, and possibly the airbag (the light keeps flashing at me flirtatiously).
- I got married! I should make a whole post dedicated to this at a later date, complete with pictures and tales of everything that went really right and really wrong, but the long story short is that my wife and I were in Wisconsin for a week because we liked each other enough to put a ring on it.
- The job fairy has been nice to me lately. I've gotten interviews for quite a few different positions in the biotech industry, so with some luck, skill, and whatever else it takes to get a job, I might be able to stop choking down antacid and start weaning the stress-baby residing in my gut.
- While it often seems like my life revolves around my work (or lack there of), my wife and I have been up to some entertainment as well. We both recently acquired bicycles, and have started taking random trips to the local zoo and farmer's market. The former has brought about the realization that my wife is a Tapir-Whisperer. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true. Or maybe they just like to wake up and look at her. I know I do.
- I'm going to try and get back into the swing of blogging, and possibly even talk about stuff that's useful. Dr. Huang is planning on taking another group of students to Taiwan, so if nothing else I'll try to post things that will help them fund/survive/possibly even enjoy the trip. Stay tuned, Kids.
|I CAN HAS SECRET?|